Discovery Co-operative is hiring a Temporary Full-Time Agronomist (Maternity Leave Coverage) for our Farm Supply Department in North Battleford, SK.
Who we are:
Co-op does business differently. As a co-operative, we believe in working together to serve Western Canadians, delivering profits back to our communities and investing in sustainable growth. To learn more about who we are and how you can help bring our brand to life, visit us at www.discoverycoop.crs
What you’ll do:
• Develop and implement a grower customer communication plan, providing our customers with relevant, timely, accurate information on agronomy, products, and services available at the Co-op.
• Provide agronomic information and guidance on seed, pest identification and management, and where applicable, crop nutrition, so our grower customers can make informed decisions.
• Deliver on field activities such as scouting and soil testing where required and communicate results effectively to grower customers.
• To act as a liaison between our customers and suppliers.
• To maintain safety standards of the department.
• Continue both personal and professional development
Why it matters:
Our team provides a range of products and services to support our member-owners. Through the work that we do, we help to build, fuel, feed and grow Western Canadian communities together.
Who you are:
You are looking for a career in Agriculture and:
• Degree or Diploma in agriculture or related field
• Candidates should be registered, or eligible for registration, with the respective provincial Professional Institute of Agrology
• Ability to work both independently and as a member of a highly motivated team
• Must be creative and resourceful
• Must have the ability to effectively communicate, both orally and written
• Hold a valid Driver’s License
• A Certified Crop Advisor designation is considered an asset
Please submit your resume and cover letter to Human Resources at email@example.com by January 21, 2021.
We thank all candidates for their interest; however, only those selected to continue in the recruitment process will be contacted.
Please contact Elnette, HR Advisor, if you have any queries at 306 446 7237 or firstname.lastname@example.org