Discovery Co-operative is hiring a Full-Time Executive Assistant for our Administration Department in North Battleford, SK.
Who we are:
Co-op does business differently. As a co-operative, we believe in working together to serve Western Canadians, delivering profits back to our communities and investing in sustainable growth. To learn more about who we are and how you can help bring our brand to life, visit us at www.discoverycoop.crs
What you’ll do:
Reporting to the Marketing, Communications and Sustainability Manager you will be primarily responsible for performing a wide variety of administrative duties in support of the Discovery Co-operative Ltd. Senior Leadership Team (SLT). Duties will include:
• Managing SLT schedules, drafting communications, making event and travel arrangements, supporting the annual business planning process, preparing reports and working with confidential documents/information.
• Supporting the General Manager in the coordination of activities for the Board of Directors, including but not limited to preparation of board packages, refreshments and room booking.
• Property and lease administration, including serving as the point of contact for day-to-day tenant queries, keeping abreast of lease terms and conditions and mitigation potential issues.
• Supporting the HR team by posting job opportunities as per requirements, maintaining inventory for onboarding, training workshops and employee awards.
• Supporting the Marketing team with special events planning and coordination, Preparing and distributing the monthly newsletters on behalf of Discovery Co-op and providing business hours/holiday closure updates.
• Supporting the Operational team with general administrative duties, including generating reports, invoicing and month end transfers as required.
• Accumulating and compiling all business planning materials from Management and SLT, supporting the SLT with preparation for the AGM and preparing the weekly Mystery Shopper reports, Sustainability and Loop Program reports.
• To be familiar with adhere to Discovery Co-op Policies and Procedures.
• To live the Co-op brand every day and perform other duties as assigned.
Why it matters:
Our team provides a range of products and services to support our member-owners. Through the work that we do, we help to build, fuel, feed and grow Western Canadian communities together.
Who you are:
You are looking for a career in Administration and:
• Business Administration or Executive Assistant Diploma Required.
• 5-7 Years relevant progressively responsible executive administration preferred. Leasing/property management/or paralegal experience would be considered an asset.
• Co-operative retail experience is an asset.
• Is a self-starter who takes great pride in their work.
• Strong work ethic and a positive team player.
• Proven ability to multitask and work under tight deadlines with competing priorities and balancing multiple stakeholders.
• Superior oral and written communication skills with keen attention to detail.• Extensive knowledge of computers and business communication skills and tactics including letter writing, memo writing, minute taking, report and presentation writing.
• Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite (Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint, etc.)
• Secures and organizes resources effectively and efficiently.
• Builds and maintains effective relationships with key business partners.
• Exceptional customer service and organization skills.
• You’re honest and trustworthy, are results-oriented and strive to be the best in what you do
• You believe in building relationships and collaborating to deliver solutions that matter most, and you recognize the value that different perspectives bring to meet shared objectives.
A combination of relevant education and experience may be considered.
Our Team Members receive competitive salaries, a comprehensive benefits package, and an employer-contributed pension plan. We encourage our Team Members to take advantage of learning opportunities, to grow and develop and to foster a culture of teamwork and innovation.
At Co-op, we embrace diversity and inclusion, and we’re working to create a workplace that is as diverse as the communities we serve. We support and provide an environment that allows all to bring their whole selves to work.
Click here to apply online by November 28, 2022.
We thank all candidates for their interest; however, only those selected to continue in the recruitment process will be contacted.