Discovery Co-operative is hiring a full-time Clerk II in our Grocery Department in Battleford, SK.
Who we are:
Co-op does business differently. As a co-operative, we believe in working together to serve Western Canadians, delivering profits back to our communities and investing in sustainable growth. To learn more about who we are and how you can help bring our brand to life, visit us at www.discoverycoop.crs
What you’ll do:
Provide safe, courteous, efficient and customer-focused service in our Grocery Department.
• Supervise the overall operation of the grocery department
• Assist Management with recruitment, training, supervision and performance management of team members in compliance with the collective agreement
• Ensure outstanding and courteous guest service
• Perform duties and responsibilities of a cashier
• Assist with receiving, pricing and displaying of merchandise
• Perform other duties assigned
Why it matters:
Our team provides a range of products and services to support our member-owners. Through the work that we do, we help to build, fuel, feed and grow Western Canadian communities together.
Who you are:
You are looking for a career in Customer Service and:
• Completion of Grade 12 education or equivalent
• Food Safe Handling Certificate is an asset
• Centre Store Advance (previously called Grocery Advance) would be an asset
• Two years of retail supervisory experience is preferred
• Experience in a grocery retail setting is an asset
• You’re honest and trustworthy, are results-oriented and strive to be the best in what you do
• You believe in building relationships and collaborating to deliver solutions that matter most, and you recognize the value that different perspectives bring to meet shared objectives.
* A COMBINATION OF RELEVANT EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE MAY BE CONSIDERED
What we offer:
We provide a great opportunity for career growth and advancement for those that are interested. We reward hard work, commitment and results. Discovery Co-op provides a competitive total compensation package that includes:
• Excellent Group Health Benefits (Extended Health, Dental, Disability, Employee Family Assistance Program, and Life Insurance)
• Pension (6% matched)
• Bonus Plan (paid annually)
• Professional Development and Educational Assistance Programs
• Corporate Gym Membership Rates
• Scholarship Fund for High School Students
• Social Events & Committee Opportunities
• Amazing volunteer and social events – we contributed $220K last year back to our community!
We thank all candidates for their interest; however, only those selected to continue in the recruitment process will be contacted.