The novel coronavirus (COVID-19) pandemic is a global challenge that’s having a real impact on the communities Discovery Co-op serves.
Your Discovery Co-op is taking steps across all locations to help our communities stay safe and healthy. We’re saddened by the news of all those who have been affected and we want to be diligent about doing our part to prevent more impacts.
Discovery Co-op has implemented the following changes in our stores:
All Discovery Co-op locations are cleaned and sanitized daily as part of normal business, but all locations have increased the frequency of cleaning, including shopping carts and baskets at food stores and pumps and door handles at gas bars. They are also ensuring that available preventative resources are made available to both customers and employees.
- Reduced hours of operations to comply with government mandates and ensure stores are properly stocked, cleaned and sanitized as well as dedicated shopping hours in our food stores for those most vulnerable.
- Our salad, hot bar and other self serve services have been discontinued. Please note some items will be available prepackaged in our deli
- All sampling has been discontinued
- Bulk buns will be available pre-packaged only
- For the health and safety of our employees, they are no longer handling reusable bags from customers. We are waiving the charge on disposable bags at this time
- In an effort to reduce cash-handling, for the health of our employees, we are strongly encouraging the use of credit or debit payment as opposed to cash
- Educating our staff and customers on the importance of social distancing
- Plexiglas shields installed at checkouts at our locations
- Expanded services including delivery and curbside pick-up
We are also ensuring that available preventative resources are made available to both customers and employees.
Our pharmacies continue to follow the guidelines as laid out by the Government of Canada, Government of Saskatchewan, and the Pharmacy Association of Saskatchewan.
Due to longer than normal wait times, we recommend calling ahead before stopping in to pick up your prescriptions. If you are sick, or otherwise unable to leave your home, please contact the Pharmacy and we will assist in having your medication delivered to your home.
North Battleford Pharmacy: (306) 446-7213
Battleford Pharmacy: (306) 446-5520
Your Discovery Co-op is also working with employees to ensure that they have current information on prevention so they can stay healthy or stay home if they are feeling ill. These practices are informed by Health Canada and the World Health Organization. We’re also encouraging all Discovery Co-op guests and members to keep informed on prevention by visiting Health Canada, WHO and other helpful resources.
Given the guidance we’ve received from these agencies, as well as our own preparedness efforts, we believe that we’re taking the right steps to ensure that your Discovery Co-op stores are safe. We’ll also make sure that our prices on all essential items remain stable throughout this challenging time.
Thank you for being a loyal Discovery Co-op customer and member. We’ll continue to update you as the situation evolves.