Our Community Event Fundraising Program supports local community groups and non-profit organizations. We welcome the opportunity to be involved and help build a stronger community through fundraising programs that enrich the lives of community members. Whether looking to host a BBQ, raise funds at one of our sites, or requesting Discovery's support for an event of your own, this is the form for you!
We welcome applications from:
- Non-profit/registered charitable organizations exempt from taxation under the Canada Income Tax Act, whose programs and services benefit our community
- Not-for-profit community groups and youth organizations (Non-registered are also considered)
- Please note that someone on your team must have a Co-op membership to participate in this program, and that your group’s purpose should align with our Co-op’s values of Service, Excellence, Teamwork.
How it works
- Complete the online application form a minimum of two weeks in advance of your fundraising event
- Due to the volume of requests we receive, please allow a minimum of two weeks for us to respond
- Recipients are chosen at the discretion of Discovery Co-op. Preference is given to causes and organizations that align with Co-op’s values.
Discovery Co-op uses Do Some Good to power their application forms.
Discovery Co-op, like other community-minded businesses, receives numerous requests for donations. Please allow a minimum of 2 weeks to review your requests and respond. Discovery Co-op works hard to assist as many community organizations as possible, however due to the high volume of requests received, not all worthwhile proposals will be approved. Such a response does not reflect upon the value of your organization and the valuable service you provide.