Co-op’s Community Support Fund provides cash or in-kind donations to non-profit groups and organizations to help support programming, complete projects or improve facilities and/or services that enhance the quality of life in the communities we serve.
This program also includes community sponsorships and gift card/product donations.
We welcome applications from:
- Non-profit/registered charitable organizations exempt from taxation under the Canada Income Tax Act, whose programs and services benefit our community
- Not-for-profit community groups and youth organizations (Non-registered are also considered)
- Please note that someone on your team must have a Co-op membership to participate in this program, and that your group’s purpose should align with our Co-op’s values of Service, Excellence, Teamwork.
How it works
- Submit an application through the online form or by submitting our paper application.
- Applications are reviewed and the recipients will be chosen at the discretion of Discovery Co-op
- Due to the volume of requests we receive, please allow a minimum of two weeks for us to respond. For donation requests of $1,500 or more, please ensure that you submit your application a minimum of one month in advance to ensure all submissions are reviewed in a timely manner.
- Recipients are encouraged to follow up with Discovery Co-op on the success of the program, how the funds were used and the impact the funds had on the program.
Discovery Co-op uses Do Some Good to power their application forms.
Discovery Co-op, like other community-minded businesses, receives numerous requests for donations. Please allow a minimum of 2 weeks to review your requests and respond. Discovery Co-op works hard to assist as many community organizations as possible, however due to the high volume of requests received, not all worthwhile proposals will be approved. Such a response does not reflect upon the value of your organization and the valuable service you provide.